Monday, July 21, 2008

Now, how does this work again?

Good morning, everyone! I've just gotten this thing set up, really have no earthly idea how it works, but I'm going to try. Kathy, this is for you, since you have encouraged (pushed?) me to do it.

Those of you who know me are aware that I'm pretty opinionated, and not above sharing that opinion with one and all. You get my emails when I get on a soapbox about something. Perhaps now I'll put those opinions here, and you will have a choice regarding whether or not you wish to subject yourself to them.

I have chosen the title "Views from my Window", because it can cover a broad spectrum. Some of those views will be descriptions of the scene from my actual window. Those, I hope, will be fun and entertaining. The antics of the resident wildlife out there present a never-ending show. Also, if I'm having success or even a failure with some gardening venture or other, I'll share it, and will welcome similar comments from readers.

Other views might be better described as "view points", the things that range through my mind as I look at my little world outside my window, and ponder the larger world beyond. I have no special qualifications for this beyond age and life experience, which includes nearly thirty years in hospital nursing. I'm not a theologian, politician or sociologist. I'm just an old gal who has seen a lot of things come and go, watched a lot of people make mistakes, and have made some of my own. I've also seen a lot of people excel and accomplish wonderful things, some overcoming great odds to do so. I've had a couple of small triumphs too, as most of us manage to do in spite of ourselves.

I'm just a simple observer of the human condition, who happens to greatly enjoy writing, and this blog seemed to be a good way to indulge that passion. I'm still unsure about where this little adventure will take me - take US, I hope - but I'll try to make the ride enjoyable.

The "comments" option works, I presume, and I welcome your input. In the beginning, the readership will consist of my family and friends, and I anticipate no rowdiness there, as all of you are kind and gentle people, polite and considerate of others. However, it's my understanding that blogs are frequently visited by unknown and unrelated folk, and that's fine - everyone is welcome.

To those visitors, I will say - it's also my understanding that I have the right and ability to moderate any comments that aren't consistent with the friendly spirit we wish to maintain, and I will do so. I want this to be a place where we can all feel safe. Since it is always possible to express a dissenting opinion in a kind and gentle way, we will seek to uphold that standard. Say what you wish, just say it gently and politely.

There will not necessarily be a regular, daily entry. I'm still working two nights a week, and there are days when I won't have the time, energy, or inclination to visit this keyboard. Some days, there just won't be anything to say. This will be strictly an informal, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants endeavor. If you choose to become a regular reader, just check in every day or so and see what's on the table.

It's my hope that this little forum can become a happy place for my friends to visit. If you like what you find here, please pass the address on to your friends as well. If not, well - 'nuff said.

Blessings to you!

13 comments:

mother said...

I'm delighted that you've chosen this way of viewing from your window. J and I have always enjoyed your comments and thoughts.
Mother

Anonymous said...

Hello friend!

Glad to see your blog up and running!

Groomer Angie said...

I love you! Yer 'lectroni-fied!
Hey to Starr
*Mavis

Brittney said...

I love it! I have many friends who have blogs also, although I haven't gone there yet. The Fish Bowl website is almost too much for me to keep up with! HA!

Thanks for letting us know!
We love you!
~Brittney, David, Landry and Hudson

Julie said...

I look forward to reading about the "view from your window". You have been a wonderful friend and voice of wisdom in my life now for years. Thanks!

Love,
Boo

Give Starr a pat for me...

iris lover said...

Hi Lanni, So good to see you bite the bullet and begin this new journey to parts unknown. You will be visited frequently and we anticipate the visit each day. I really look forward to seeing your Garden of Eden and the changes as it progresses thru the seasons. Best of luck to you! We're on the same side and here's to the good guys winning :^)

Iris lover aka Kathy

tatermouse said...

Another forum for my mother to rant and vent. Yippie!!!

MawMaw would have loved this technology. She could have shared her views on televisions influence of todays youth as well as the progression of her bunions. I miss her greatly!!!

Bampi would have used it if only it could decipher his hand signals. I miss him to!!

Mom I leave it to you to pick up the torch and carry it proudly. Blog on and blog forward!!

Somewhere Dad is shaking his head.

Love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, "It's about time"!! You go cousin!! I look forward to seeing your blogs. I have never known anyone who can write like you. I will look forward to every entry and hopefully one day we will read a book you will write!!
Love you, Faith

carebear said...

Aunt Hazel would be so proud...she and Sharky loved/love Rush Limbaugh...you go girl...blog away! Love you...

SPOT said...

Hey Romeena SPOT here to look around...your friend Randy

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz well I somehow knew this would happen someday,let the world know your talent in the way you can express yourself and your gift of knowing good from bad. love ya guy

Rev. said...

Hello Lanni....Good to see your new blog. As always, I so much respect your comments and wisdom.
Rocky

fedder said...

Okay, you ROCK. This is perfect for you to scratch that writing itch. I love it. I'm just now responding because we took the kids on a quick trip to Cloudcroft, NM. GREAT time. More in email. As for stuff here, write on, MOM. I can't wait to read the next installment. Love you bunches!